Fire Island App

We’re not on the LIST?

A Fire Island Pines house party is always a coveted invitation and the stuff that legends are made. What Island queen was not at “the” Calvin Klein pool party?  So to our great delight a random house guest procured an invitation to one of these soirees on Saturday. The party was by invitation only and of course [...]

A Fire Island Pines house party is always a coveted invitation and the stuff that legends are made. What Island queen was not at “the” Calvin Klein pool party?  So to our great delight a random house guest procured an invitation to one of these soirees on Saturday. The party was by invitation only and of course one Fire Island invitation equals the entire house- so in our case it was eight people! So it was with great anticipation and not without a little anxiety over outfits and sunglasses that the housemates and I treked to said multi million dollar home on Ocean Walk. As we got closer we could hear the high laughter and feel the beat of the bass which racheted up our fun factor. After getting through the door- yes there was a big doorman- we entered a virtual sea of hot, shirtless guys and random girls in skimpy bikini tops and sarongs. It is obvious this house was designed by an architect with a flair for the stage because every spot of the deck was a virtual runway and no shortage of guys using it to full advantage. The pool was appropriately stocked with Latino guys in Brazilian swimsuits for everyone’s viewing pleasure and the legendary DJ was safely ensconsed on the upper balcony. Facing this overload of skin we needed liquid courage and fast! Spirits of the frozen variety generally end badly for me and noting they were the only type being offerred I proceeded to head to the upper reaches of the house where I had spotted friends drinking something that resembled a Martini. Who knew the house was VIP only and off limits to us group invitation people? Well the doorman for one, the bartender for another and my friends who kindly offered to hand me a non frozen cocktail ACROSS the railing! Feeling particularly lowly I skulked off to a corner of the deck facing the ocean. Looking at the beach I noticed a large crowd of guys hanging out and watching the party with obvious envy. That was the moment that made me feel both wretched for taking all of this for granted and realizing just how DAMN lucky my life is to be hanging out with fantastic friends, surrounded by handsome guys, at a gorgeous home on Fire Island in one of the most beautiful places in the world – and to top it all off-FREE DRINKS!

45 Total TweetBacks: (Tweet this post)
  • en: @richardpbacon that's not fair, are they selling tickets for the service? or is that just a rumour? 07/06/09 02:02am
  • en: roddick or federer? i want to root for the underdog but... 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: Merry Prankster flashback: either you are on the buss or off. http://twitpic.com/9egf1(Taos artist Inger Jerby). 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: finding my dad a bday present. This is always a hit or miss. Mostly misses but whatever. Cakes are always rad. not this year tho.. 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: @twayward Didn't Greg and Carol get it on in real life? Or was that the Partridge Fam? 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: @GavinTan dreaning on mitcham? While sleeping on his lap or something?? Hhahaha fag! 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: @drakonlily but which is better: tits or bacon? The epic struggle continues. 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: Get up and enjoy this weather? Or be lazy and fall back to sleep for a few hours? Decisions, decisions. 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: Sarah Palin...you should have finished out your job, or explain what would make you bail. 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: Should i go to the studio .....or 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: Stretchin, so i dont pull a hammy or somethin when i play ball 2day..gettin old, stretch or be stretched!! 07/05/09 10:13pm
  • en: I just took the "girl who you most hate MILEY,CAMILLA or DANIELLE??" quiz and got: u hate danielle LIKE U HATE UR SCHOOL!!!! Try it: htt ... 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: @Lynni69 Well, well, well, (or UNwell in ur case) look what the cat dragged in! Are u ok honey? 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • lt: @JosephKahn or PacMan!! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: http://pwnasaurus.tumblr.com/ GO FOLLOW OR I'LL EAT YOU!! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • eo: lewat site or BB or apa T'? RT @widimulia: "Kok gw ga bisa follow Dewirezer ya?Dewi bentar ya.. Bolak-balik klik to ur profile tapi ga a ... 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Play now pay later or Pay now play later your choice...http://snipr.com/kuu5d 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: @WillieCrawford good to know. i didn't want to sign up for something that wasn't secure or safe. 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Play now pay later or Pay now play later your choice...http://is.gd/1nIU2 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Great! No water in the town, there's a burst main. Gotta go and buy some bottled stuff or I won't be able to eat, have tea or wash! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Popham Beach with C&S. Bad reception, use telepathy; I'll leave my aluminum foil helmet at home. Or better yet, come find us! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: royal australian navy looks like the place to work for ugly women or nymphomaniacs 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • : btw.. i've just finished to clean up! v.v 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: @joeynigro is the smile for andrea, or doing dishes? 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: wireless or the bbq??? arrrgh.. 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Hey everyone good morning my new Otalia video will be up early today in bout an hour or so it will be up just keep checking & i will post it 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: I really don't know whether or not to put my new drum and bass track up online!! I am not 100% happy with it, it needs to be mixed again. 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: @TimGee3 The teacher console diigo has created let me include kids under 13 or that have strict profile concerns in classrooms, great tool 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Malpractice(insurance, defence, payouts) costs more than cancer and AIDS research or the NIH, OBAMA wants NO LIMITS on awards! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: i dreamt that the uncle of a surfer ate all 6 or 7 of my bananas 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: @BrooxStephens Is there a worse gift that you can get an Eagles fan? Or is it one of those bittersweet things? http://tr.im/qWO0 #nfl 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Omg should i b bloody happy 4 andy or should i b extremely upset 4 roger? Gosh this is so tough 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: @smagee1 ha ha, well you did! it's been raining a lot here today. are you by the pool or beach? 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Brooklyn Decker or Bridget (Wilson) Sampras? I'd say Decker, but it's closer than one would expect. 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: @thegoddessica excuse me but i play futsal regularly! or at least once a week :) 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: who would win in a fight? E.T. or Pauly Shore? YOU DECIDE! VOTE NOW! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Burning myself in the sun whilst in queue for the concert. Didn't get here as early as i wanted but am prolly amongst the first 200 or so 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Which is more of a hangover day? 5th of july or 1st of january? I think there is a tiny man with a jackhammer trying to get out of my head! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: i am currently debating on the theory of greed, are we naturally greedy or not? 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: I Either Take A Long Walk By The Lake I Live On...Or Option 2...Drive To The Track...Great Options!!! 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: That's why grass is all about grabbing your chances. Federer splurged his. Now he has to grab every one or he'll be a two-time loser. 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: The Impact of Virtualization Software on Operating Environments: Cloud Computing: Latest Buzzword or Glimpse of .. http://tinyurl.com/mthgph 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: I hate how winter makes my hair all static-y whenever I brush or run my fingers through it GRRR 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: I believe, that people can manage their own conflicts themselves or with a little support. #Ibelive 07/05/09 06:52pm
  • en: Please send me your reasons to be looking forward to the future!! By twitter or email 07/05/09 06:52pm

Leave Your Response